Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My reviews: The Awakening & The Struggle (Vampire Diaries 1-2) by L.J. Smith

Full name: The Awakening and The Struggle (Vampire Diaries, #1-#2 - Vampire Diaries Bind-up 1)
Author: L.J. Smith
Pages: 389 pg.
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books
Release date: August 6, 2009 (first published in 1991)



Synopsis:


The Awakening: Elena Gilbert is used to getting what she wants and she wants mysterious new boy, Stefan. But Stefan is hiding a deadly secret - a secret that will change Elena's life for ever...

The Struggle: Elena is torn between her boyfriend, Stefan, and his brother, Damon. But these brothers hide dark secrets and a tragic past that threatens them all. Damon wants to lead Elena astray - and he'd rather kill Stefan than let him possess her...



My review:


I must say it. I bought this book in February 2010 because the owner of my favorite bookstore recommend it to me, understanding that I became a real fan-pire. Well, I wanted to read it too, but I first thought: "What vampire story could possibly be in a book published in 1991?!"
But when I started to read it, I was like "Whoa! This is the first modern vamp story..". And it really was. I could see it from a mile away. This is the original story between a vampire and a teen girl. I mean, it kinda started just like Twilight. Girl moves in her hometown, meets a mysterious boy in her class, etc. But then the plot goes entirely different. A lot of action. You just start to breath again when you finish The Awakening, and then you stop breathing when you start The Struggle.
Practically, The Awakening means Elena's discovery (that Stefan Salvatore, the gorgeous, new, hottie guy is a vampire!!!). The Struggle means Elena's "fight" against Damon, and finally dying - OhMyGosh...
Lucky me I had the idea to buy The Fury & The Struggle, too. Because I couldn't stop reading! I read this bind-up in about 5 days - that's because I had prep at Maths (the Olympiad was coming) and other school stuff when you start the second semester.

I give this book a definitely 5/5 stars! You should better go and get it, because it's a book love-able by every YA fan. Congratulations to L.J. Smith for an awesome vampire series.



-Ana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome to leave a message on Addicted To Books!