Monday, August 2, 2010

My reviews: Nightfall (Vampire Diaries - The Return, 1) by L.J. Smith

Full name: Nightfall (Vampire Diaries Book 5, Vampire Diaries - The Return Book 1)
Author: L.J. Smith
Pages: 471 pg.
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books
Release date: March 4, 2010 (First published on February 10, 2009)



Synopsis:


ELENA GILBERT RETURNS IN A BRAND NEW, THREE PART VAMPIRE DIARIES SEQUENCE...

She's alive - but no longer just human!

When Elena's beloved, Stefan, is lured away from Fell's Church, Damon seizes his chance to convince her that he is the brother she is meant to be with...

But a darkness is infiltrating in the town, and Damon, always the hunter, is now the hunted: he becomes prey to a malevolent creature that can possess him at will, and who desires Elena just as much, but for what purposes?



My review:


After finishing The Reunion, I simply couldn't wait for this book to come out. I was waiting for the UK edition. And for my bookstore to stock it. And I waited and waited.. till whoa! It was finally in my hands. I started reading it at once, in the car (even if I couldn't read much because my nausea started again). And I read and read and read. The Maths Olympiad was coming, it was an important contest, but I still found time to read. Now, getting back to the plot. The Return is a really cool sequence of Vampire Diaries. Stefan and Elena became the perfect couple. I loved the idea of Elena as a spiritual child. She simply was so innocent and cute! And Stefan.. the way he called Elena.. "little lovely love".. oh, it simply lets me with tears of happiness in my eyes. Damon.. Damon seems to be a jerk when he plans Stefan's "disappearance" in the Shi No Shi. But he's actually ruled by some ugh-so-disgusting creatures that led to.. Shinichi's plan. Shinichi is a fox boy. And he has a twin sister, Misao. But they definitely do NOT act like bro and sis. They act like girlfriend and boyfriend. Bleah!.. Caroline? Oh, oh, she's slept with Tyler! And now she accuses Matt of rape or so. She is a real jerk. Matt? Remains Elena's friend, helps her with her plan to defend the fox twins. Bonnie and Meredith? They stay with Elena at Mrs Flowers's house. And, whoa - Mrs Flowers is kinda a witch! With potions, herbs and so on. Can you imagine that? So The Return trilogy, as you've probably already figured out, is the best sequence anyone could write from Vampire Diaries.

In the end, I give this book a full 5/5 stars. L.J. Smith still has tons of ideas for Vampire Diaries, and I truly appreciate her for that. You definitely should start reading Nightfall.


-Ana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome to leave a message on Addicted To Books!